Monday, November 1, 2010

Palette



As I mentioned, I want to talk a little about my palette. I use many basic colors but have a selection of "fun" colors which, as I said before, they make them so I use them.
My basic palette has a selection of colors that are warm and cool in each category. A cool red, Alizarin Crimson, a warm one, Cadmium Red. Cool blue, Ultramarine, warm blue, Cerulean Blue. I only put out Sap Green, a warm green but easy to cool down.
Within my warm section I also have some Cadmium Orange and Cadmium Yellow and then my "grays" are Raw Sienna and Yellow Ochre and Jaune Brilliant (a nice alternative to White), White and Raw Umber. And then we get to my fun colors...Lilac, Lavender, Pink, and Lear Green.

BUT...despite an array of colors, Misty Morning shows that color can still be controlled for impact and not garish. More about mixing colors later.

No comments:

Post a Comment